Target group outcome:
- 4/6 students made improvements - 67%
- 1 made significant movement - moving from 'below' 2016 to 'at' mid year 2017.
- 1 made no shifts in gloss stages
- 1 went back in stages
- 18/28 - made a shift up in one or more area of the gloss test - 64%
- 5 students completed the whole test
- 8/28 students - went back in one or more areas of the gloss test - 29%
- Majority of those who went back were 'Above' standard in 2016
What did I get out of this?
- New groupings - special focus on extension students and those just below the standard.
- Sorting out my 'clean data' - Why the backwards shift? Lots of discussions with students why they think so - looking back at their last gloss test - generated good discussions.
- Identified small gaps that can be addressed using quick games rather than a whole class/whole week focus
Points of Interest:
- Parents interviews had parents questioning the transition to high school - areas of weakness for students moving from intermediate was the coverage of strand and science
- Focus of statistics in Term 2 - Maths vocabulary was an improvement. But no way of measuring how much they actually learnt